The End.. They Both Wus out..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 26

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  4:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
we'll pick this up tomorrow where we left off. =)

Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  4:54:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you guys suck.

I just got here

Uh ohh.....this might end up in the thread dumpster for a "Chatting Infraction".

Click the link below to stream and download my new mix

"The Punisher" by vogelizmskizm
http://soundcloud.com/defektivsoundsystem05
quote:
Originally posted by deebuke

seriously. people really need to get educated if they're gonna claim to like edm. i remember when i took my first edm test... i BARELY passed. i felt like such a scrub. but, then i studied my ass off.. retook the test.. got an A - AND a motherfuckin gold star.

now i only associate with gold star club members. which reminds me.. imma have to see all your gold star club member cards when you get a chance please. thanks.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1572 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  4:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Exploit

I really don't know how I'm not getting through to you.

There is no website that you can just stick a name into for their IP address.

That is not how the internet works.

You googled up a website that gave you instructions on how to look at what ports you have open.

OK,.. so your telling me that you can make a computer can control our national defense network, but no one has ever made a program to cross reference a SN with an IP address. But yet you can make a connection manually and track it with your eyes? Again, just because you don't know of a program that can do it doesn't mean it can't happen. When you send an IM to another computer there is obviously a connection and the internet is the link. Admit it, you don't know everything. And to sit here and try to pretend that you do is rather insulting to us all. So I think the correct answer would have been "No, I don't know if you can for sure". But when you sit here and repeatedly tell me that you know everything about computers is fucking retarded. If you did, you wouldn't be jerking off on a college website and would have a real job.
Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  4:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
like whoa! in before 10 pages!

Go to Top of Page

Lost Monster
Upstate Underground Moderator

2408 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  4:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Lost Monster an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think you should defend your medal in this race. Seeing as how it started this whole thing. Winner gets the bronze and looser gets a head full of shame.

Anyone got a map?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1572 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  4:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lost Monster

So Tom Vermont legalized weed eh?

From what I have been told for medical purposes you can smoke it. but the laws are strict about it.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/338/vt.shtml
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1572 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  4:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll put my medal up for James's Slot at Quick Fixx..

We got a race nancy boy?

Edited by - n/a on 03/24/2009 5:15:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Exploit
UUnet Guru

1829 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  5:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Exploit an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThomasJ

quote:

You googled up a website that gave you instructions on how to look at what ports you have open.

OK,.. so your telling me that you can make a computer can control our national defense network, but no one has ever made a program to cross reference a SN with an IP address. But yet you can make a connection manually and track it with your eyes? Again, just because you don't know of a program that can do it doesn't mean it can't happen. When you send an IM to another computer there is obviously a connection and the internet is the link. Admit it, you don't know everything. And to sit here and try to pretend that you do is rather insulting to us all. So I think the correct answer would have been "No, I don't know if you can for sure". But when you sit here and repeatedly tell me that you know everything about computers is fucking retarded. If you did, you wouldn't be jerking off on a college website and would have a real job.

I'm going to tell you this one more time before I leave, and then I'm never going to discuss this issue again, because if you won't listen the first 10 times, there's no chance.

That is not how the internet works. It's not 'no one has made that program yet'. It's simply not possible. Period. If you decide one day that you might not be right, feel free to research exactly why this is.

edit: i bolded the part that is 100% false, in case you need a lead.

I've gotta infect you with my beat.

Edited by - Exploit on 03/24/2009 5:03:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  5:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote

quote:

seriously. people really need to get educated if they're gonna claim to like edm. i remember when i took my first edm test... i BARELY passed. i felt like such a scrub. but, then i studied my ass off.. retook the test.. got an A - AND a motherfuckin gold star.

now i only associate with gold star club members. which reminds me.. imma have to see all your gold star club member cards when you get a chance please. thanks.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1572 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  5:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seriously! Narf!

Edited by - n/a on 03/24/2009 5:14:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1572 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  5:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll put my medal up for James's Slot at Quick Fixx..

We got a race Nancy boy?

Edited by - n/a on 03/24/2009 5:16:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

dr morozoff
upstate_maverick

2837 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  5:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Send dr morozoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

ok then i guess i'll have to be the one to explain it you

trying to think of how i'd explain to a grade school kid

ok here goes:

when you use a messaging service you are connected to their servers. when you send a message it generally goes like this

your computer ->your ISP->messaging server->their ISP->their computer

no direct connection between the two parties' computers is ever made, unless a DCC session is initiated, i.e. direct connect in AIM to send/receive files

this is an oversimplified explanation but should help you realize why you can't just get someone's IP, if any of the big words make your head hurt talk to google

also, even if you had someone's IP you would have NO WAY to associate that IP with a person unless you know that they have been using that IP

for example I login here as nathan cipher from xxx.xxx.xx.x and then logout and create a new profile to spam the forums from same IP they could cross reference that and know it was me

aside from that an IP addy will at best let you find out their ISP and what region that ISP serves

edit: WTB a clue for ThomasJ

double edit: hey zerocool shouldn't you be haxin some gibsons pullin them garbage files or some shit?

Edited by - dr morozoff on 03/24/2009 6:35:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

imabish
UUnet Addict

175 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  6:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Send imabish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i prefer assholes to idiots :)
edit- for editing sake, because it's cool!!

hated, jaded, over-opinionated

Edited by - imabish on 03/24/2009 6:27:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  6:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Cipher
double edit: hey zerocool shouldn't you be haxin some gibsons pullin them garbage files or some shit?

Ub3r-L33t H4ck0rz FTW!!

quote:

Edited by - Vogelizer on 03/24/2009 6:51:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1572 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  6:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The funny thing is... I could give a rats ass about computers,... lol!
Go to Top of Page

The PHUNgEYE
upstate_psy_guru

3726 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  6:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit The PHUNgEYE's Homepage  Send The PHUNgEYE an AOL message  Reply with Quote
zerocool Ha Ha Ha Ha..... it's in the place I put that thing that time.

direkt influence/Visionarymindz/Radial Engine/microCosm house-embracing poi/glowstick artists, Freq's, geeks and weirdo's since '99 http://www.soundcloud.com/PHUNgEYE
http://www.Facebook.com/PhunGeye
fb page: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=229475867098470#!/pages/PHUNgEYE/256596447701866
phuse.analysis: www.facebook.com/pages/Phuse-analysis/151413218210110

Go to Top of Page

dr morozoff
upstate_maverick

2837 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  7:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Send dr morozoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The funny thing is... I could give a rats ass about computers,... lol!

ya i can totally tell what with naming yourself after the main character in the movie hackers

Go to Top of Page

Exploit
UUnet Guru

1829 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  7:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Exploit an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The PHUNgEYE

zerocool Ha Ha Ha Ha..... it's in the place I put that thing that time.

lolol. love that line

I've gotta infect you with my beat.
Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  8:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
-"YOU'RE CRASH OVERRIDE!? NO WAY!!!!"

-"HE'S ONE OF US BRO, HES A LEET"

quote:

Go to Top of Page

_Emily
UUnet Guru

1189 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  8:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit _Emily's Homepage  Send _Emily an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow guys good job at continuing this thread... I was sort of looking forward to what would become of it after first reading James' reply. I got home from work at it's from 1 to 4 pages!! Lovin' it.... Please continue.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

DJs / Promoters / Producers / Artists
Website Design, Streaming Audio, and Multimedia Website Hosting by EFX internet

Binghamton Web Design  Binghamton Web Hosting  Binghamton Networks