Production Talk
 Gear & Software
 caught up in this idea that I wrote Goods Elevator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Topic  

alicelili
UUnet Noob

21 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2016 :  04:01:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit alicelili's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simple in concept, yes. In execution, the notable requirement would be a fujihd [url=http://www.fujihd.net/product/Machine-Room-less-Elevator/Room-free-loading-elevator/]Freight Elevator[/url] constructed of a material light enough to carry 200,000 miles of it up to orbit. Too heavy for a rocket! Even the slimmest of steel cables, too heavy. And here is where I pull onto a path Arthur C Clark did not know about back in the 60's when he wrote the trilogy "Fountains of The Earth" in which he write of the space elevator. The technology I would employ would be nanotechnology, and construct the cable of carbon nanotubules. Nanotechnology research continues, today we can produce but short lengths of the carbon nanotubules, but that is only a matter of time. I will write another article about nanotechnology.

Once the cable is attached to the satellite and spun down to Earth ground level (who gets to grab that wildly swinging cable? It would amputate your arm! Machines will grab it.) Then a larger permanent cable may be hoisted up the feeder cable just installed and itself be attached to the satellite.

We would actually want two cables, because the ride up and down in cargo or personnel cars attached to the cable is about two days, and we would be sending cars up one cable and back down the other cable with personnel or cargo, moon ore, etc. A duplex system. And we can build many of these all over the Earth's surface.

On the surface we would naturally have a railhead, shipping if near a port, good roads for 18-wheelers to ply with cargo, and buses with passengers. An airport as well. A real commerce hub for each Earth station, employing thousands of workers.

I have been so caught up in this idea that I wrote [url=http://www.fujihd.net/]Goods Elevator[/url] about the idea back in 2008. The government has recently expressed their interest. I just patented the entire system. But this is not a "make money" scheme for me. I am sure I will be well-compensated to license my patent. Think, instead, of Thomas Edison and his inventions of the light bulb and AC current systems. He changed the world.

lili alice
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

DJs / Promoters / Producers / Artists
Website Design, Streaming Audio, and Multimedia Website Hosting by EFX internet

Binghamton Web Design  Binghamton Web Hosting  Binghamton Networks