Bubble 14
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 6

CrazyRaver
upstanding_citizen_raver

2621 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  7:39:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit CrazyRaver's Homepage  Send CrazyRaver an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fuck that I say to Cdjs IMO vinyl is the only way to go I mean to each their own but I doubt Ill ever make the complete jump from vinyl.
Go to Top of Page

v0insdj
UUnet Guru

2449 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  9:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Send v0insdj an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Waiting for vinyl to ship and having to search multiple websites for music that you fail to find is bs, so cdjs are the way to go (for me). If you don't mind waiting and wasting time then stick with the turntables. Respect to those using vinyl and respect to those using mp3s, there is no need for a format war, who cares what others play on?

www.facebook.com/DiskoV0ins
www.facebook.com/v0ins
www.soundcloud.com/v0ins
quote:
Originally posted by disko

i got moon boots maybe we can touch dicks

Go to Top of Page

KarmicRadiation
UUnet Member

55 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  02:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit KarmicRadiation's Homepage  Send KarmicRadiation an AOL message  Send KarmicRadiation a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have gone back and forth with this for a while... I respect the kids tossin vinyl. I lived with D'Mil for a while and he has been "strictly vinyl" until just recently. Dude has spend so much money on vinyl. But the universe of music that is available when you can download and burn virtually free of cost has got to make for a more dynamic DJ or at least more fresh tracks to listen to. Aside from that...have you ever carried a record case full of vinyl in a k hole around 'cuse...a lightweight cd wallet is a much better choice there. But as far as sound goes...not like you get the hear the clicks and pops that give records that warm analog feel at a party you dont notice much difference between the two.(Im not a DJ btw) That said...I have a bunch classic rock vinyl ripped to mp3...I think it matters there.

"Get your graphics done right, quickly, and cheap"
http://www.myspace.com/KarmicRadiation
Go to Top of Page

KarmicRadiation
UUnet Member

55 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  03:06:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit KarmicRadiation's Homepage  Send KarmicRadiation an AOL message  Send KarmicRadiation a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
OH YEAH...VOINS...you saved my ass dude. Actuality a lot of people saved my ass that night. But thanks dude that was huge.

"Get your graphics done right, quickly, and cheap"
http://www.myspace.com/KarmicRadiation
Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  08:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love vinyl records.

Click the link below to stream and download my new mix

"The Punisher" by vogelizmskizm
http://soundcloud.com/defektivsoundsystem05
quote:
Originally posted by deebuke

seriously. people really need to get educated if they're gonna claim to like edm. i remember when i took my first edm test... i BARELY passed. i felt like such a scrub. but, then i studied my ass off.. retook the test.. got an A - AND a motherfuckin gold star.

now i only associate with gold star club members. which reminds me.. imma have to see all your gold star club member cards when you get a chance please. thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Lost Monster
Upstate Underground Moderator

2408 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  10:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Lost Monster an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK lab im sorry!!! I did it. I just hate vinyl so much that I stole your needles.

Anyone got a map?
Go to Top of Page

Lost Monster
Upstate Underground Moderator

2408 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  10:35:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Lost Monster an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by v0insdj

Waiting for vinyl to ship and having to search multiple websites for music that you fail to find is bs, so cdjs are the way to go (for me). If you don't mind waiting and wasting time then stick with the turntables. Respect to those using vinyl and respect to those using mp3s, there is no need for a format war, who cares what others play on?

The thing I miss most about playing records was new vinyl day. Thouse days were awesome. Though I would almost always buy at least 10 records at a time.

Anyone got a map?
Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  2:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
totally jacked and crashed into a buildling.

US GOVT DECLARES WAR ON THREADJACKERS!

Go to Top of Page

ReRocco
UUnet Buddha

448 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  06:22:22 AM  Show Profile  Send ReRocco an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Seriously WoW

www.myspace.com/rerocco

www.myspace.com/visionarymindzrecordings
Go to Top of Page

Sean Place
caulk_lover

4378 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  09:31:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sean Place's Homepage  Send Sean Place an AOL message  Reply with Quote
so whats next?
Go to Top of Page

v0insdj
UUnet Guru

2449 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  3:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Send v0insdj an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KarmicRadiation

OH YEAH...VOINS...you saved my ass dude. Actuality a lot of people saved my ass that night. But thanks dude that was huge.

lol it was np

www.facebook.com/DiskoV0ins
www.facebook.com/v0ins
www.soundcloud.com/v0ins
quote:
Originally posted by disko

i got moon boots maybe we can touch dicks

Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  09:14:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"...have you ever carried a record case full of vinyl in a k hole around 'cuse..."

I lold

Go to Top of Page

CrazyRaver
upstanding_citizen_raver

2621 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  1:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit CrazyRaver's Homepage  Send CrazyRaver an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hahaha true story I think their are a couple of Djs that could relate to that.
Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  2:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
isn't that why mikey switched? ooooohhhhh dis. lol

Go to Top of Page

_Emily
UUnet Guru

1189 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  3:33:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit _Emily's Homepage  Send _Emily an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Egzail

Thats why half of Upstate NY switched LOL!!
Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  3:43:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
=)

Go to Top of Page

marz21
network_marzian

943 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  09:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit marz21's Homepage  Send marz21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by v0insdj

agreed much.. it took me a while to get to that point though... that being said, i'd rather make the tracks from scratch, like this guy.. here's a vid of sawka

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc255/marz2one/?action=view¤t=MOV00160.flv

hopefully it works..

you can't un-hear it!!

Go to Top of Page

_Emily
UUnet Guru

1189 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  3:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit _Emily's Homepage  Send _Emily an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Emily

quote:
Originally posted by Egzail

Thats why half of Upstate NY switched LOL!!

That was Mikey.... (quit postin on my name!!)
Go to Top of Page

Vogelizer
UUnet Guru

7280 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  02:02:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vogelizer's Homepage  Send Vogelizer an AOL message  Reply with Quote
soooooo... 8,000 people went to Trexx and noone took any pictures??

Click the link below to stream and download my new mix

"The Punisher" by vogelizmskizm
http://soundcloud.com/defektivsoundsystem05
quote:
Originally posted by deebuke

seriously. people really need to get educated if they're gonna claim to like edm. i remember when i took my first edm test... i BARELY passed. i felt like such a scrub. but, then i studied my ass off.. retook the test.. got an A - AND a motherfuckin gold star.

now i only associate with gold star club members. which reminds me.. imma have to see all your gold star club member cards when you get a chance please. thanks.

Go to Top of Page

t3uth
UUnet Guru

1793 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  6:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit t3uth's Homepage  Send t3uth an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yea whats up with that? lol.
People too busy dancin!?

wob wob wob wob wob wob wob wob

SHADOWPARK STUDIOS :: http://shadowpark.biz
Utica Unity :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utica-Unity/289281389934?ref=mf
Portfolio: http://ivandp.designbinder.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page