1999 and back pics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 7

Juniper
Upstate Underground Moderator

1960 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  12:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Juniper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So as I have had a lil spare time at night I am going to be posting some old photos.

Trance Festival Year 1 (WEMF) This was a pic the first day before the tornado came and tore the main tent down.

Day 2 after the the tornado lol

WEMF 1 World Trance Fest

Renegade style stage WEMF 2

So quiz for old schoolers who is the short dj in this pic. I know but do you??

Jordon in the AM WEMF 2 w/ dancers lol

First Shangrila Festival Me and Shining Cloud 5:00 AM

Soulslinger after me

Justins Graph Work

The Booth lol

This is a start feel free to add photos to!!
~teddy

http://soundcloud.com/juniper

Edited by - dosethealien on 04/08/2009 4:40:12 PM

Juniper

1960 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  2:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Juniper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One for Duke. Look whats written on the wall. Anyone who was at this shindig remembers this biz.

Juniper and Jamie

Remember this guy?? Kevin Lahoda was og and good friend to all at the bubble. Where you at homie??

Two of the most beautiful peolple I have ever met and played with DUBTRIBE!!! @ the old grand union Binghamton

Dylan Drazen on 3 decks was on point of the night

Jordan afta Dylan

Heather What!!!!

Boywonder before Dubtribe!!!

Me before Dubtribe side room

Edited by - Juniper on 08/10/2008 10:10:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

plume
network_junglist

5695 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  3:40:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you are beautiful, you are perfect just the way you are!

that's taking it back Teddy, I definitely don't have anything that old mainly because I wasn't around then!

Go to Top of Page

Juniper

1960 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  4:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Juniper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haha I do have 45mins of this set if anyone wants it. You were around in heart you just didnt know it yet!!!

Go to Top of Page

Brainfroot
UUnet Buddha

301 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  11:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Brainfroot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, with the exception of the trance fest (which I never have experienced first hand) I can completely recall each one of these moments. I would like to comment on a few..

1)Jordan (aka Jordan Vesteyo) one of the upstate NY original godfathers of the techno movement never ceased to amaze the masses all over the globe. For those of us around when he graced it, it was obvious he was on a level of his own. I heard about his ridiculous set at the 2nd trance festival and I also saw him play another event in Toronto when he followed none other than Frankie Bones. I can tell you this, not one person remembered Frankie's set when Jordan got on the wheels. The pic stating "Jordan afta Dylan" was at a party called Conception at the old grand union in the binghamton plaza, also in the pic is house music giant Steve Loria as well as DJ Luna.

2) Duke and the shark. As we all know, Duke is also another old timer of the movement. He has held numerous residencies, always pushing the envelope of the underground sound. The Shark Club was one of those residencies where many memories were made. Also in the pic, a Little Rascals flyer - a brainfroot party from 1995.

3)Dubtribe. Ian, you gave me chills with your post. These pics were also from the conception party at binghamton plaza. Dubtribe played at 5am to about 100-200 people. It was one of the most memorable party experiences I have ever had. Goose bumps would be the only way I could describe it.

4) Dylan Drazen. Amazing set on 3 tables, trance and techno. Where is that guy now?

5) Shangri La. I love the DJ booth! lol that was some good times. Shining Cloud was an ethnic tribal guru. This was an intermission ltd party. For those who don't know, Intermission Ltd was Does the Alien's original production company prior to the bubble days. Other Intermission DJ's included Juniper, Space One, Kaleida aka Kevin Lahoda, and Karim aka Carey Lotus.

6) The short DJ is Nivoc, aka Mr Nivoc and he is sick!

Thanks for the trip Ted.

ps.. no, I don't have the Kmart shirt anymore, but if I did I would rock it!
Go to Top of Page

hambone
UUnet Guru

2059 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  12:08:24 AM  Show Profile  Send hambone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
these pics are sick! post more, show us what it used to be like!!

www.facebook.com/hambonethedj

Go to Top of Page

CrazyRaver
upstanding_citizen_raver

2621 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  12:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit CrazyRaver's Homepage  Send CrazyRaver an AOL message  Reply with Quote
did Intermission ltd ever do a party in or around albany called I wanna say stratosphere around 96 97ish it was a outdoor event held at some park???
Go to Top of Page

chad roy
UUnet Member

89 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  11:18:40 AM  Show Profile  Send chad roy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
this brings it back . WOW! i remember being at the first wemf. i was standing next to the tent when the storm came. we ran for the bathroom cause it was the only solid thing at the party. we go back to the campground and there is someone(not sure who) holding on to a tree, holding on to his tent so it wouldn't blow away. we helped him tie it to the trees so he could let go and chill for a bit. he continued to sleep in his tent (which was on it's side) the whole weekend. GREAT FUCKING TIME!

Upstate House Authority
house music all night long
aim=djchadroy
Go to Top of Page

Exploit
UUnet Guru

1829 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  11:49:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Exploit an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I made 8 WEMFs and it's still overshadowed by the anger I missed #1. Trance fest ftfw.

I've gotta infect you with my beat.
Go to Top of Page

ReRocco
UUnet Buddha

448 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  12:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Send ReRocco an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Im pretty sure drew didnt start Intermission LTD Until like 2001 .. Not sure though.

www.myspace.com/rerocco

www.myspace.com/visionarymindzrecordings
Go to Top of Page

Juniper

1960 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  12:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Juniper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
drew started intermission ltd in 1993 or 94 I was the first dj

Edited by - Juniper on 08/11/2008 12:25:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

dosethealien
network_jedi

2854 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  12:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit dosethealien's Homepage  Send dosethealien an AOL message  Reply with Quote
^^^^ yeah what juniper said. Intermision Ltd was originally started in late 1994 when i was a promoter. The first flyers It appears on with as a info line was A.C.M.E.'s "Clover" and I believe the first World Trance Festival. I moved into the bubble in '96 thus the name change. From 1999-2002 i used the intermission Ltd name as the name of my booking agenecy. Now in 2008 I am using it for the name of my Minimal/Glitch/Tech Label.

63M1N1 R151N6 - JUN3 2011 - PR0M0 M1X
http://soundcloud.com/dose-the-alien/sets/63m1n1-r151ng

F4C3800K
https://www.facebook.com/D0537H34L13N
Go to Top of Page

dreemkill
captain_PLURnet

10058 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  2:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit dreemkill's Homepage  Send dreemkill an AOL message  Send dreemkill a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was on intermission ltd in 1995 as a tambourine player in drews first experimental folka (folk/polka) dance troupe.. ah the good old days.

and who are you kidding? the short DJ is none other than Drew Peters (aka Drew-P, drewpy, droopy) before a growth spurt!

quote:
Originally posted by dvs109

I didnt read that but i bet it is one big excuse

Go to Top of Page

ReRocco
UUnet Buddha

448 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  02:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ReRocco an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow You Learn something everyday... You should Have kept the name drew... Hows things in the sun ?

www.myspace.com/rerocco

www.myspace.com/visionarymindzrecordings
Go to Top of Page

ll Krypt0 ll
shut_up_and_dance

1861 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  1:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dreemkill

I was on intermission ltd in 1995 as a tambourine player in drews first experimental folka (folk/polka) dance troupe.. ah the good old days.

and who are you kidding? the short DJ is none other than Drew Peters (aka Drew-P, drewpy, droopy) before a growth spurt!

Drew Peters used to spin?

"DANCING CAN REVEAL ALL THE MYSTERY THAT MUSIC CONCEALS....."

www.floasis.net <-Liquid Dance forums

Long Live Wemf...
Go to Top of Page

djpmc
UUnet Guru

967 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  3:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit djpmc's Homepage  Send djpmc an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yea he did Mario!!!! I have a picture of Drew BertBladyCLaw Peters..
This was back in 1993 he was having problems before he went on the decks.

I'm here for the music! Why did you come?

www.Myspace.com/RustikProductions
Go to Top of Page

dreemkill
captain_PLURnet

10058 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  3:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit dreemkill's Homepage  Send dreemkill an AOL message  Send dreemkill a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
oh man, he's going to be pissed when he finds out you posted that!!

quote:
Originally posted by dvs109

I didnt read that but i bet it is one big excuse

Go to Top of Page

ll Krypt0 ll
shut_up_and_dance

1861 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  3:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im assuming he spun oldschool jungle then ey?

"DANCING CAN REVEAL ALL THE MYSTERY THAT MUSIC CONCEALS....."

www.floasis.net <-Liquid Dance forums

Long Live Wemf...
Go to Top of Page

dosethealien
network_jedi

2854 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  1:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit dosethealien's Homepage  Send dosethealien an AOL message  Reply with Quote
INTERMISSION LTD./BUBBLE PICS & FLYERS
[1995-1999]

"Teazer" for the first major Intermission Ltd. Event
[Historical Footnote] the girl on the flyer was modeled after Juniper's wife Cindy. I had known her from my "industrial" days going back to like 1992 and it seemed fitting to incorperate her into first flyer. She also appeared on the artwork for my first 12" single in 1996.

"Daisy" flyer front - March 22, 1996

"Daisy" flyer back - March 22, 1996

"Daisy" @ the Bubble - March 22, 1996

"Daisy" @ the Bubble - March 22, 1996

"Clear House" Series Flyer @ the Bubble - Oct/Nov 1996
[Historical Note] Notice the Line up for Nov 1st which was Bubble Halloween #3

Heading down to the Basement @ the Bubble

Looking back up the stairs

Bottom of the stairs looking back

Back left corner, (awesome tag work by justin)

Another shot of the back left corner.

"The Vibe is Still Alive" @ the bubble - March 23, 1997

A very young DJ Plume @ the Bubble

"Chilly 3" Flyer Front - December 18, 1999

"Chilly 3" Flyer Back - December 18, 1999
[Historical Footnote] This was i believe the first time EKG and Myself worked together on an event. This was my last year doing a yearly XMAS event as the Halloween Parties were getting to be a huge production and I couldnt handle doing both proper. The following year was the first year of The Ho Ho Series.

F4C3800K

Edited by - dosethealien on 08/14/2008 1:30:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

dosethealien
network_jedi

2854 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  1:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit dosethealien's Homepage  Send dosethealien an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Jupiter - Syracuse, NY - Oct 16, 1994

Prodigy Tour '95 - NYC - (Don't Hate )

F4C3800K
Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  1:26:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow, this thread is loaded with all sorts of nostalgia. I didn't know your name used to have an "s" after alien.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

DJs / Promoters / Producers / Artists
Website Design, Streaming Audio, and Multimedia Website Hosting by EFX internet

Binghamton Web Design  Binghamton Web Hosting  Binghamton Networks