Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

All Forums
 Upstate Underground Community
 Non-Upstate Events
 Hype as Fuck! 5-9-09 NYC Full info & flyer out!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Topic  

Dreamy
UUnet Addict

119 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  10:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is Adam's Birthday. NEVER FORGET
In honor of Adam we will have Fried Chicken for the masses, and be handing out hype towels all night.

Dreamy Productions and Craze?One bring you:

Hype as Fuck!
May 9th, 2009

A tribute to our beloved friend, Ballin Adam

Main Room

First Ever appearance in the States!
Rico Tubbs (Menu Music)
Rico Tubbs has been the broken beats pioneer in Finland since 1994. Co-founder of the first Finnish breakbeat label Pyssy and half of the chart topping hip hop/beats producer duo Skillsters. Skillsters is responsible for producing the first ever finnish hip hop album (2000) and many Finnish hip hop acts have hired Ricos avantgarde scratching skills.His fierce wonky house/breaks/whatever party music/mash-up dj sets have been heard from his home town Tampere (Where his eclectic breakbeat club "beatformers" is running 10th year!) to New Zealand. Voted for the best electronic music dj in Finland 2006 and again 2007."Takin' you to a musical journey"-Pleease! Its all about the RAVE! (myspace. com/ricotubbsfunk)

"We Dont Sleep" aka MC Messinian-- Live Electro Performance (Planet of the Drums)
'WE DONT SLEEP' (AKA Philadelphia's MC Messinian, from the legendary Planet of the Drums Crew) has been making
noise all over the globe from Washington, DC to Wellington, New Zealand with his new genre bending LIVE ELECTROperformances. Already one of the world's most recognized voices in dance music- as WE DONT SLEEP he pushes his energy to a whole new level of creativity and dancefloor madness. WE DONT SLEEP brings precision rhymes,
swooning vocals, and heavy ass original beats to turn every venue into an off the wall Philly house party.
Mashing Electro house, Dance Rock, Baltimore club, Fidget and Glitch Hop while still proudly wearing his influences
from rave/hip hop/post punk culture on his sleeve- the range is versatile and the sound of WE DONT SLEEP is it's
own animal completely. Influenced and inspired heavily by his good friend/earliest producer Disco D, the sets are
even known to dip into the realms of Ghettotech and Detroit booty house. WE DONT SLEEP is less a person and more
of a family, with beats being laid down by amazing veteran DJ's like Baltimore's promoter/DJ extraordinairre
COMMODORE 64 and New York City's beautiful D&B/electro queen- DJ EMPRESS.

B. Rich (FTW, Party Like Us, Palms Out Sounds)
B. Rich is one of America's welcome purveyors of fidgety, bass-heavy house music. His sounds fuses together multiple genres and is all over the map with influences in electro, breaks, hip hop, bmore, dubstep and house. 2009 is shaping up to be a huge year for this artist with original EPs dropping on Palms Out Sounds, Party Like Us (his digital imprint with AC Slater & Udachi) and A New Hope Records in the UK.

Nicky Twist (Visionary Mindz, Tiny Management, Adam Worldwide, Audiofase Recordings, Beatport.com)
Nicky Twist has been considered by many as a prodigy when he steps up to the decks. He quickly started mastering the art of scratching, mixing and turntablism as a teenager and found himself falling in love with the craft. Soon after, he began his journey playing across the continent in such cities as Vancouver, Calgary, Saskatoon, Ottawa,Florida, South Carolina, NY, NJ, and countless other places including a tour in 2002 through Canada. Nicky has also played in the famous tunnel,limelight,and exit in NYC throughout his early 20's and soon became a staple of the Northeastern Rave circuit. Now at 27, he's a seasoned professional when he rips it with his DMC tricks and unique scratching patterns that very few DJs can touch. From the time he was a child he's been a musician and he can play almost any instrument handed to him. Influencing his sound by playing throughout the states Nicky Began developing his production skill in early 2004. Picked up in just a few short years by VisonaryMindz recordings and AudioFase Recordings in 2006, Nicky made trial runs on releasing his first Mp3 Formatted Tunes. Seeing moderate success and fine tuning his tastes, NickY Picked up by beginning his own label with Fellow partner Mikey Parkay in 2009. The year has just Started but be prepared for an onslought of future releases from this Rising Talent.. You can Purchase NickY Twist tunes exclusively through beatport.com now!

Carlos Castano (Tiny Management)
Carlos Castano has been building quite a name for himself in the past few years. He has been rocking all the big clubs like Webster Hall and Pacha with anything from soulful house to funky techno. He knows how to work a crowd and caters to any dancefloor.

DJ Bookum (EnfeKt Productions), NH
DJ Bookum has been spreading his party rockin', acapella droppin' mash up of house & breaks all over New England for the past 8 years. While Bookum is usually focused on integrating a variety of styles into his sets (hip hop / fidget / rave / bassline / breaks), he will be serving up a prime set of breaks to get the party started on this particular evening! Get to the spot early and say what's up because Bookum will have free copies of his newest mix on hand!

Adam Zarr (Sound Mind Media and 209 Productions)

DnB Room

Mason (Gasm Recordings, Metalheadz, Freak)
I live, eat and breath DnB, when my sweat falls off my forehead it falls to the ground like subsonic charges..I’m not just in this shit for the money and fame, I’m in it cause I love it. I can’t stop thinking about it. Everything around me revolves around beats and bass. I’m always striving to learn more, make more and hear more and to be the best at what I do. I just want to do the shit that makes me happy. I’m determined and passionate about everything I do, I put 200% into it. Rougher and Harder.” - Mason
Hailing from the area known as South Philly, the home of the legendary heavyweight, Rocky Marciano, Mason aka Myster Mason is as intense as anyone could be. This strength of character and no nonsense approach to life is the fuel to Mason’s powerful production style. With releases on Freak, Eastside, Intasound and the monumental signing to Metalheadz, Mason has exploded into the international arena. The future holds nothing but good things in store for America’s brightest star.

W/ MC Armanni Reign (Gasm Recordings, Mental Sharp)
After spending six continuous months as 103.9FM’s freestyle champion, MC Armanni decided he needed a change. The cutthroat and ghetto style of the hip hop industry had given Armanni chills and it was time to switch things up.
Armanni performs with many of the top dnb artists at almost all the top shows. Residencies include Bassrush (LA), Platinum, DJ Series, Heavy Duty, Metalheadz, Ultraworld at Sonar and Destination. He has amazed crowds at the World of Drum and Bass, Electric Daisy Carnival, DJ Series, Starscape, Buzz and Ultra. Armanni tours with the likes of Goldie, Dj Rap, Kenny Ken, Ray Keith, DJ Craze, Dieselboy and is frequently sequestered to mc exclusively for many other top djs in the industry.

Jayline (UselessPlastix, Finn People, Sound Bullys/UK/Canada)
From Ontario, Canada, Jayline is quickly rising to the top with his Dnb production alone, and he was recently nominated for Best Breakthrough Producer. His tunes are out on Micky Finns’s “Finn People” and his label Useless Plaztix. www.myspace.com/jaylineuk

W/ MC Diggadee (Konkrete Jungle, Outlook Skateboards, Ability)
Diggadee picked up his first residency at a small club in High Wycombe, England. At 17 he was asked to play with Andy C. Diggadee headed back to the U.S. in 2002. Consistently performing throughout Richmond, D.C., Baltimore, Virginia Beach and New York City, Diggadee brings a touch of both worlds to the mic, a US|UK infused style that keeps most intrigued. Current affiliations include Konkrete Jungle, Outlook Skateboards, Ability, DrumandBassmovement.com and Team Ewok.

Seraph (Defcon/DnBTV/Cybergroove/Local 13)
Born of Philadelphia's broken streets and dimly lit alleys, Seraph has risen to the higher echelons of Drum and Bass' DJ Elite. The current leader of the prolific Defcon, he is largely responsible for the re-emergence of Philadelphia's DnB scene. The co-creator of the successful Bedlam series, numerous one-offs as well as Local 13's Bang and Whistle events has not only packed the roster's with some of the world's most well known and well sought DJs, but has also enraptured audiences with a progressive and furious track selection of rollers, anthems, original VIPs, and unreleased dubs. His live sets can be described as a masterclass in drum and bass beatdowns. In 2009 expect multiple original releases and collaborations as Seraph prepares to unleash his own sound of big ass drums and devastating bass.

St8cyde Jumpup
DJ Hoogs, DJ Hokilla, MC Dylz & Murdok MC
(Big Tingz, dnbc, Roc/NYC)
With their focus on the dance floor, St8cyde Jump Up has their own unique style of presenting Drum and Bass to the massive. Dj's Hoogs and Hokilla provide an upfront selection of unreleased tunes, promo vinyl and produce tunes of their very own. MC's Murdok and Dylz come with lyrics you can understand, great crowd interaction, delivery and thrive on pushing each other to the next level. All four put together a team effort to compliment each other without any individual over powering the other. With their secret formula they are setting the standard for a DJ and MC performance.

Madam Bliss (Concept Crew/Baltimore)
This flava filled DJ has rocked dance floors not only with her B-Girl style dancing but as well as behind the decks. If you think she can dance, wait until you hear her behind the tables. She brings her energy to the decks and unleashes it into the crowd so that one can't hep but move their feet.
She has proved that no matter what genre she drops its going to be fire. This versatile lady has risen very quickly in the scene and there is no limit to where she may go.

vs. Nondeskript DJ (Operation Breakbeat, 413DNB, Threshold/BMC, Rush Kru- MA)
This is one selector you just don't want to test. The fact that he tears down dancefloors with top-notch technical skill is just part of the reason. This man's undying devotion to jungle and drum'n'bass music is one of the reasons that New England has emerged as the premier region for talent in the genre. "The Rush" is entering it's seventh straight year on the air, featuring DJ talent from all over New England and beyond because of the collaborative efforts of Nondeskript and show creator Blacksquirel on WMUA 91.1 FM (Thursdays 10-midnight).
Armed with jungle and d'n'b of all varieties, along with original production and proper reggae selections, this man has shared the stage with such notable DJ's as Remarc, Klute, Ewun, and R.A.W., and has earned the respect of his contemporaries and die-hard drum'n'bass fans wherever he graces the decks.

Brockout (Sound Bullys, Hektic Crew/Toronto)
Brockout has been a force in the Toronto drum n bass scene with over 8 years behind the decks and 3 years producing with releases on Pirate Sound and Fizx Recordings.

WARSAW

261 Driggs Ave
Williamsburg, BK

18 to enter
21 to drink

$17 before 10 - so come early!

$22 after 10

Edited by - Dreamy on 04/03/2009 10:19:31 AM

Dreamy
UUnet Addict

119 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  10:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Venue info, pics of venue, price, times, all info up now!

Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  11:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
awesome job on the flyer, I'm sure you will make adam proud.

Go to Top of Page

disko
springbreak_boss_playa

1427 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  1:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Send disko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yah dope ass flyer

-pLuR-
"If Jimi Hendrix was still alive, he would be making Acid Techno"
Go to Top of Page

_Emily
UUnet Guru

1189 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  9:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit _Emily's Homepage  Send _Emily an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll definitely be here!!! Nicole, if you have printed out versions of these flyers could you bring some with you?? I'd love to get a couple!!!
Go to Top of Page

DJAlexRyan
UUnet Guru

1320 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  10:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit DJAlexRyan's Homepage  Send DJAlexRyan an AOL message  Send DJAlexRyan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i'm def hitting this up for sure...B. Rich is fuckin nasty, and Rico Tubbs is gonna fuckin kill it!

if you wanna hear b.rich's newest promo mix check

http://wearekidz.blogspot.com

Alex Ryan
Visionary Mindz, Dirty Minded, Tasty Recordings
------------------
http://itsmyurls.com/djalexryan

Edited by - DJAlexRyan on 04/04/2009 9:13:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

djpmc
UUnet Guru

967 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  04:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit djpmc's Homepage  Send djpmc an AOL message  Reply with Quote
who is playing other than Nicky..
and the answer to ANY responmce is sure yea
ok? ha?

I'm here for the music! Why did you come?

www.Myspace.com/RustikProductions
Go to Top of Page

PL@N3MO
direkt_influence

12577 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  11:51:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit PL@N3MO's Homepage  Send PL@N3MO an AOL message  Reply with Quote
idk looks like a pretty dope lineup to me.. Rico Tubbs is a good producer, not really my bag but I bet he will rock that place, + the venue looks sick, very similar to westcott theatre by the looks of it.

Go to Top of Page

Dreamy
UUnet Addict

119 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  9:09:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Emily

I'll definitely be here!!! Nicole, if you have printed out versions of these flyers could you bring some with you?? I'd love to get a couple!!!

You bet!

Go to Top of Page

ll Krypt0 ll
shut_up_and_dance

1861 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  03:17:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Emsters, Are you and Mikey def gonna make it out to this one?

"DANCING CAN REVEAL ALL THE MYSTERY THAT MUSIC CONCEALS....."

www.floasis.net <-Liquid Dance forums

Long Live Wemf...
Go to Top of Page

_Emily
UUnet Guru

1189 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  02:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit _Emily's Homepage  Send _Emily an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ll Krypt0 ll

Emsters, Are you and Mikey def gonna make it out to this one?

Yes, definitely... got a bunch of people who wanna go... I am making it down there no matter what... just requested the weekend off!! Dreamy, since we forgot to get flyers from you in Albany... could you still bring maybe a few extra with you just for keep-sakes, i know a couple people who really want em. Thanks again...
Go to Top of Page

hambone
UUnet Guru

2059 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  11:36:20 PM  Show Profile  Send hambone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i got a bunch hit me up sucka

www.facebook.com/hambonethedj

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1572 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  7:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Round two! Serously, tho... If anyone falls down the damn stairs again, FOOT IN ASS!
Go to Top of Page

_Emily
UUnet Guru

1189 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  1:47:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit _Emily's Homepage  Send _Emily an AOL message  Reply with Quote
THIS WEEKEND!!! Who's going?? Everyone should really come down to support this... Adam was definitely the epitome as "Hype as Fuck" and there's gonna be some crazy hype vibes here, I'm really excited to go back to party in the city--feels like it's been forever... don't think I've been since New Years!! Can't wait!
Go to Top of Page

Dreamy
UUnet Addict

119 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  2:16:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 more days! Hope to see a lot of u upstaters down here. I know Adam knew a lot of you.

Go to Top of Page

HOKILLA
UUnet Beginner

47 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  01:20:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit HOKILLA's Homepage  Send HOKILLA an AOL message  Reply with Quote
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.facebook.com/djhokilla
www.facebook.com/digitalterrorrecords1
www.facebook.com/st8cydejumpup
www.soundcloud.com/digitalterrorrecords

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]