Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

All Forums
 Upstate Underground Community
 Upcoming Upstate Events
 Shadowpark @ Spark : May 14th - Flier Up! BYOB

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
t3uth Posted - 02/17/2010 : 1:18:05 PM

SHADOWPARK @ Spark, May 14th
Any DJ's wanting to play let yourselves be known. Dubstep Room 1, DnB Room 2.
--------------------------------
An Exhibition of SOUND! and art.

Aswell as a Dual Birthday party for Foxy and t3uth, Dubstep vs Drum And Bass, two room's of sound! This event is now BYOB!

-------------------------------------------
ARTIST PIECE/WORK SUBMISSION FOR DISPLAY
**Submission Deadline is May 1st**

Shadowpark is encouraging artists to submit information for exhibition space during the event, chosen pieces will be displayed during the show and the entry fee for the artist will be waived, all notification's will be from shadowpark.studios@gmail.com and likewise all information should be sent there;

the call is for all graphical artists, painter's, fine artist's etc to send information on their chosen work to be displayed upon the walls of the Spark Art Gallery during the event.

The information needed will be
-----------------------
Name:
Name of Piece:
Dimensions of Piece:
And a picture of the Piece

sent to shadowpark.studios@gmail.com with the subject line "Submission"

The amount of expo space can be viewed here http://sparkartspace.com/exhibition-space-schematics/

And selection's will be made in regard's to space and quality of work, further information on delivery and pickup of artwork will be made available from said email address in response to those chosen.

-------------------------------------------

@ Spark Contemporary Art Space
Date : May 14th
Time : 8PM - ??
Theme : Black on White
Address : 1005 E. Fayette St. Syracuse, NY
Cover : $5.00 Presale (Link Below) / $10 @ The door.
Presale Link : http://shadowpark.we.bs/presale_SP_AT_SPARK.html

The Visual's
-----------------------------
VJFX
By the Huemanoid Project:

http://vimeo.com/huemanoid
http://kaliptus.com/
--

KALIPTUS:(Kali:Hindu goddess associated with eternal energy; "ptus"
is the masculinization of) Translated as "Kaliman", also revered as Bhavatarini, literally "redeemer of the universe" Though sometimes perceived to be dark & violent, is none but a guardian & builder of Utopia. It's wrathful appearance casts away Demon Parasites & protects Eden; An exorcist and bringer of paradise through visual poetry.

As a Multi-Media artist, Kaliptus specializes in Creative Direction, Ideas, Animation, Illustration, Concepts, Production Art, Fine Arts, Graphics, Special FX, VJFX, Art Installations, Feedback Experiments, Interactive Media, Dynamics, Programming, Sound Art and much, much more.

He has worked on projects for Alex Grey, Marvel, Stephen King, Black Tide, Sneaux, Orange County Choppers, Seed Gallery, and more. He is also a Psychonaut, a Hooligan, and a Natural Born Shape-Shifter!

In-Joy! ;)

Them Droppin' BassBeats : 12/12 slots.

Mikey Parkay // Dubstep
--
A staple of the northeastern electronic music scene, Mikey parkay has been handling every aspect of the electronica music community since his early teens. Dj, Promoter, Label owner, and also currently studying music production and theory Parkay is quickly becoming a highly recognizable figure in the electronica music culture.

Space One // DnB
--
With humble beginnings as a promoter for NASA and Limelight, and a DJ for Konkrete Jungle (NYC), Camouflage (NYC) and Buzz ( Baltimore ), Space One has rocked parties and clubs up and down the East Coast since 1993. Taught by DJ Sizzahands and Kenny Mitchell, he was a founder of the legendary Bubble parties in Upstate New York, and has the impeccable skill and stamina of even the most seasoned headliners. There is a reason Space One is an Upstate legend… you won’t want to miss his unique sets.

Sean Place // DnB
--
Listening and studying electronic music since '94 has made him a scholar in his own time, standing up to long time veterans on the tables and being seen as equal. Sean's taste in music has been heavily influenced by early industrial and techno. Some examples inclue Underworld, Ministry, KMFDM, Orbital, Front Line Assembly, The Chemical Brothers, Revolting Cocks, Daft Punk, Moby, and various WaxTrax artists. Pride in track selection and integrity can be seen and felt by anyone who is witness to his sets.

As a long time fan of Drum N Bass this will be Sean's debut set.

Kate Rush // Trance-Step
--
Breaking into the scene in late 2006, Kate!Rush has come a long way. Always on the hunt for something new and challenging, throwing parties has been a driving force in her life since the same week she came home from her first rave. 9 shows & 3 years later it was time to see the scene from another point of view. Picking up her first set of turntables in early '07, she'd been hiding her Proggy Trance mixes in her living room until summer '09. Combining her love for trance, and her addiction to dubstep- trancestep was born! Her love for flashy lights & discoballs and summertime festi culture brings good vibes & a different flair on your average joe 4x4. Syracuse has bred and been home to many great musical artists, electronica or not- maybe it's something in the water? Unleashed on the decks at 21, there's are high hopes for huge things in her future!

Plan3mo // Dubstep + More
--
With over 9 years behind the decks, Kyle Riecker, AKA Planemo is a fan favorite of the central New York dance community. Co-managing the Direkt Influence promotions company for 6 years, he has numerous events of all sizes under his belt. His unique style of genre transcending mixes and energetic live performances are certain to take you on a journey to the outer reaches of audio perception.

Bromeo // Dirty/Grimey/Disgusting Dubstep
--
A party kid since 2002, It took Bromeo 7 years to decide to finally be in front of the crowd instead of in it. One year into the game, his track selection proves him to be a dance floor control freak. Get ready to have your brain waves shaken.

t3uth // DubStep, and a message from Shadowpark
--
A Newschool Dubstepper Producer from Upstate NY Ivan 't3uth' Popov is giving a fresh perspective to the way of the dub, his glitchy style and energetic track selection is sure to make any floor ask for more, as he mixes together pure hype, and add's a touch of his own to make it so. Na' Mean? Playing this event with Bassist Karl Jammer, it's going to be Dubstep with extra BASS!

Risen w/ MC Micsouljah // DnB/jungle
--
Having been hosting and playing edm events since 2000 and being a musician since he was 16, Risen is old school with skills. Getting his start producing analog techno and spinning dub, Risen quickly progressed into dnb. Whether he is twisting gnarled basslines or dropping dark jungle he is sure to bring on the pressure. Recently forming Lock42 and mixing original tracks into his set he teams up with MC Micsouljah to rock the house.

Eight // DnB
--

Current resident of Boston, MA, DJ Eight, has been conqueringdancefloors for several years. Fluent in all types of dance music, he is a force not to be reckoned with. From the deepest vibes imaginable to the most extreme energy levels, you can rest assure that DJ Eight will kill it.

The Blockhead's // Dubstep + DnB
--
b3nd3r & co. // Dubstep Fidget
--
Predasus // DnB
--
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Swan 7 Posted - 05/14/2010 : 6:38:21 PM
oo cmon bromeo, i drove by parkway and saw you in your short tennis shorts and rainbow headband.....now your afraid to waer a tie? dont be a pannnnnssssyy!
PL@N3MO Posted - 05/14/2010 : 2:33:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Parkay

be up to syracuse early.. anyone else going down?

I'll be in cuse around 6 or 7 but won't be @ spark till later. Gonna flier up Carousel first.
Parkay Posted - 05/14/2010 : 2:20:49 PM
be up to syracuse early.. anyone else going down?
PL@N3MO Posted - 05/14/2010 : 2:10:45 PM
dropping some artstep tonight. =P
Wari0 Posted - 05/14/2010 : 1:27:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by self.induced.daydream

Rum & rootbeer is where you'll find me... :P

ewww...
PL@N3MO Posted - 05/14/2010 : 10:30:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Swan 7

sick! icky bombs all night!
i think ur supposed to dress up.
not 100% tho(black tie means wear ties)

well, I was going to go in the buff, but since we are supposed to dress up I guess I'll at least wear some pants.
Swan 7 Posted - 05/14/2010 : 07:11:54 AM
sick! icky bombs all night!
i think ur supposed to dress up.
not 100% tho(black tie means wear ties)
Sean Place Posted - 05/13/2010 : 6:51:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by v0insdj

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Place

dress code?

Candy, pink tanktops, and your trexx wristband from last weekend.

CHECK!
v0insdj Posted - 05/13/2010 : 3:05:38 PM
quote:

dress code?

Candy, pink tanktops, and your trexx wristband from last weekend.
Bromeo Posted - 05/13/2010 : 2:44:40 PM
o word i just noticed dress code, i am not dressing up sorry bros
Sean Place Posted - 05/13/2010 : 2:36:55 PM
dress code?
t3uth Posted - 05/13/2010 : 2:27:01 PM
uuuughn tomorrow :D!!!
Acheron Posted - 05/13/2010 : 11:19:55 AM
Don't forget to buy Marz 21 a drink if you see him. It was his birthday May 12th...
PL@N3MO Posted - 05/13/2010 : 09:15:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Swan 7

blockheads gonna drop some serious floor rumblers and some jump up skankerz

sucks we are always going head to head at parties! I do enjoy me a blockheads set.
self.induced.daydream Posted - 05/13/2010 : 08:47:51 AM
Friday = exactly what I've been waiting for! To be home, surrounded by friends & in a new venue with an all dubstep/icky lineup. mmmmhmmm!

Rum & rootbeer is where you'll find me... :P

ohs yeah. mad neuneu tracks for yo' headdddddd!
Swan 7 Posted - 05/13/2010 : 06:57:40 AM
blockheads gonna drop some serious floor rumblers and some jump up skankerz
Wari0 Posted - 05/12/2010 : 10:35:31 AM
there is so much crappy everything, like every music genre
Foxy Posted - 05/11/2010 : 11:40:55 PM
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wari0

Ive only met like 3 people EVER that dont absolutely LOVE dubstep.

me :p

Well there is soooooooooooooo much crappy dubstep.... >_O;;
Sean Place Posted - 05/11/2010 : 8:22:36 PM
quote:

Ive only met like 3 people EVER that dont absolutely LOVE dubstep.

me :p
t3uth Posted - 05/11/2010 : 7:45:08 PM
quote:

wow, im definitely going to try and make it out to this guys. NOTHING better than an all dubstep room. Finally upstate NY is getting up with the times. Trust me house and trance will always be in my heart but they are the thing of the past.

Ive only met like 3 people EVER that dont absolutely LOVE dubstep. Even people who dont listen to electronic music are obsessed with dubstep, hopefully you gave this party good promotion at the university because I know alot of kids who like hip-hop are also very fond of dubstep.

Definitely will try to make it out and show my support to TEH Dubstep.

PS You should of booked Swamptang

Didn't really want a buttload of college kid's cramming an art show but im sure word got around there anyhow :P I love dubstep to death and hope everyone enjoys the show as much as you probably will ^-^

shiz is gonna be proper ^-^

Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.21 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

DJs / Promoters / Producers / Artists
Website Design, Streaming Audio, and Multimedia Website Hosting by EFX internet

Binghamton Web Design  Binghamton Web Hosting  Binghamton Networks