Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

All Forums
 Upstate Underground Community
 Upstate Underground Network Main Forum
 1999 and back pics

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Juniper Posted - 08/10/2008 : 12:11:51 PM
So as I have had a lil spare time at night I am going to be posting some old photos.

Trance Festival Year 1 (WEMF) This was a pic the first day before the tornado came and tore the main tent down.

Day 2 after the the tornado lol

WEMF 1 World Trance Fest

Renegade style stage WEMF 2

So quiz for old schoolers who is the short dj in this pic. I know but do you??

Jordon in the AM WEMF 2 w/ dancers lol

First Shangrila Festival Me and Shining Cloud 5:00 AM

Soulslinger after me

Justins Graph Work

The Booth lol

This is a start feel free to add photos to!!
~teddy
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Vogelizer Posted - 04/10/2009 : 09:56:32 AM
thats good stuff right there. hahaha.
kempy Posted - 04/10/2009 : 09:45:10 AM
*bows head* you are the winner.
dosethealien Posted - 04/10/2009 : 06:55:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by kempy
-- OR --

lol... don't make me pull out photos from your birthday at trexx from a couple of years ago!
kempy Posted - 04/10/2009 : 06:43:25 AM
No they should make you feel young. You are still going out :P Dose is almost old enough to be my dad. (HAHA just kidding :P) Nate could be old enough to be my grand daddy. (not kidding true story)

Hey nate, you coming to efny? I swear on my left testicle if you pull a "im tired, old, and like to scrub my hemroids on friday night" exscuse im going to lock you in a room, tie you to a chair, staple your eye lids open and put Kogs, Egzail, Robbins, and TJ all in the room with you. Then after some time I will let you out, and you will look like this:

(Not the girl on the left.)

-- OR --

-- OR --

Vogelizer Posted - 04/09/2009 : 4:28:16 PM
lol.

Ugh....you fuckers make me feel old.
Exploit Posted - 04/09/2009 : 3:44:43 PM
He had me at vaporizer.
dr morozoff Posted - 04/09/2009 : 3:34:07 PM
you two should get together for a bromantic evening
dosethealien Posted - 04/09/2009 : 3:33:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Vogelizer

edit: Bunker records artists were in Brooklyn not even 3 weeks ago.

and that's the problem when people that have been in the scene for so long do things like that. Nate and Jimmy lost their ass on an event way before the nOObs were ready for it.

Luckily living in Miami i can see artists like Loco Dice, Tim Green, and Adam Beyer on a regular basis. Like Nate, if I cant go out and see anyone that is doing something unique and different, i just as well stay home and write music on a friday/saturday night than pay to go out for the same old shit.

Exploit Posted - 04/09/2009 : 3:27:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by plume

quote:
Originally posted by GACProductions

My Question is.. If you guys liked these events so much and loved everything.. Why don't we see you anymore? I think the last time I saw most of the people who have been posting out at an event they weren't spinning at was in the early 2000s.. You guys are mad cool too. What keeps you from coming out? Seriously.. Rob Swanke and I had a hour conversation over this. Everytime I want to do an event I always think in the back of my head.. How can I extend my hand to people who we don't see around.. I'm asking seriously, Cause I know your passionate about the music and cause one day someone is going to want to get the entire scene together past present and future.. and how are they going to do it?

Love the music, hate the scene.

Smoky bars, younger crowds I can't relate to. No one likes dubstep. No one plays the kind of d'n'b that I want to hear usually. I'm broke. I'd rather smoke a vaporizer and chill out in my apartment and play video games and listen to the music I want to hear.

I relate it to bikes too. for awhile I was really passionate about racing, in other words paying to ride my bike. Silly thing is that I'm not that good so why not just ride for free for fitness? Same thing with the music scene really I'd rather save my $ and stay at home *usually* - all that said, when I actually DO go out, it's more of a special occasion and I usually have a good time.

Focus on the future, not the past.

Wow. Scary how much I could connect to this entire thought.
dosethealien Posted - 04/09/2009 : 3:27:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by kempy

Do any of you have the flyers from:

"Perpetual Rhythm" it was in a giant cave in Poughkeepsie
”Fantasia 2” Randal’s Island
”Liberty” Roseland ball room

and What was the name of the venue next to skyhigh that was upstairs above the shoe store?

I have all of those in a box... as soon as i get my scanner hooked back up i will scan them for you.
plume Posted - 04/09/2009 : 3:13:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GACProductions

My Question is.. If you guys liked these events so much and loved everything.. Why don't we see you anymore? I think the last time I saw most of the people who have been posting out at an event they weren't spinning at was in the early 2000s.. You guys are mad cool too. What keeps you from coming out? Seriously.. Rob Swanke and I had a hour conversation over this. Everytime I want to do an event I always think in the back of my head.. How can I extend my hand to people who we don't see around.. I'm asking seriously, Cause I know your passionate about the music and cause one day someone is going to want to get the entire scene together past present and future.. and how are they going to do it?

Love the music, hate the scene.

Smoky bars, younger crowds I can't relate to. No one likes dubstep. No one plays the kind of d'n'b that I want to hear usually. I'm broke. I'd rather smoke a vaporizer and chill out in my apartment and play video games and listen to the music I want to hear.

I relate it to bikes too. for awhile I was really passionate about racing, in other words paying to ride my bike. Silly thing is that I'm not that good so why not just ride for free for fitness? Same thing with the music scene really I'd rather save my $ and stay at home *usually* - all that said, when I actually DO go out, it's more of a special occasion and I usually have a good time.

Focus on the future, not the past.

timmyekg Posted - 04/09/2009 : 2:50:10 PM
I 2nd that notion.
dr morozoff Posted - 04/09/2009 : 1:30:54 PM
quote:

You should stop generalizing the entire party crowd and come have a few beers. Lately theres been a little something for everyone.

i'm not generalizing shit man it's a simple value proposal

costs me money to get there
costs me money to get in
hotel
eat food/get drinks

sooooo figure i'm in for at least $200 at that point. and for what? music i don't care to hear and some beer? hang out with some people i hardly know? get to be the old dude off in the corner at the young people event?

fuck that

it really only becomes worth it to me to come out and play music i like or when there's an act i definitely want to see.

edit: not to mention i work a full time day job so i'm usually in bed by 10:30. it's reeeeeeeal hard for me to stay awake for an entire party. i'm old and lame.
kempy Posted - 04/09/2009 : 1:19:21 PM
Do any of you have the flyers from:

"Perpetual Rhythm" it was in a giant cave in Poughkeepsie
”Fantasia 2” Randal’s Island
”Liberty” Roseland ball room

and What was the name of the venue next to skyhigh that was upstairs above the shoe store?
Exploit Posted - 04/09/2009 : 1:10:43 PM
quote:
You should stop generalizing the entire party crowd and come have a few beers. Lately theres been a little something for everyone.

Not for me!! I've been struggling a ton w/ trying to find an active genre I can connect with. Not having any luck either, so you're all stuck w/ a mashup of pussy trance and hardstyle.
The PHUNgEYE Posted - 04/09/2009 : 1:06:17 PM
Ya I felt the same way for awhile. Throw a hollow name up, electronic dance music, after party, rinse and repeat. It got stale. But, I never stopped the music, and I've come to realize life is to short not to party and have a good time once in awhile. The young guys out there doing there thing have revitalized me. Going to "The Atari Party" inspired me to throw those "on the fringe" type electronic music parties. Coming in July "The electronic company"(at The Electric co.) showcasing the different ways artists express themselves through electronic music.

Live PA
laptop artist
laptop Dj
turntable Dj
etc.

Vogelizer Posted - 04/09/2009 : 1:05:42 PM
You know you can still see artists like that come and play in NYC too.

I mean....unless you ONLY appreciate German Techno artists/Detroit Electro artists.

edit: Bunker records artists were in Brooklyn not even 3 weeks ago.
dr morozoff Posted - 04/09/2009 : 12:50:47 PM
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Cipher

no one books any music i want to hear is the main reason. if people started booking (real) electro and techno music you would see me out more.

I see where you're coming from but really noone is going to have the same taste as you. Everyone appreciates their own idea of who/what they truly want to see.

Unless you're one of these people that can appreciate the most popular acts all the time.

The only way you're going to see the acts that you want for your specific styles is if you come out and network with people that have similar tastes and bring them out yourself.

Btw I dig the real techno/electro sound and would def support that.

not interested in throwing events just to get pantsed and see a couple acts i like. sorry, it'd be cheaper to fly to europe. we (me and jimmy samsara) booked a crazy party with a lot of international talent and guess what? we got raped. we had 4 of the overlords of electro, including the founder of bunker records over from holland, and no one gave a fuck.

fact is, i'm not going to come out and pay a cover for music i don't even like
PL@N3MO Posted - 04/09/2009 : 12:50:19 PM
I spin fake ass electro house only, thank you very much.
Vogelizer Posted - 04/09/2009 : 12:45:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Cipher

no one books any music i want to hear is the main reason. if people started booking (real) electro and techno music you would see me out more.

I see where you're coming from but really noone is going to have the same taste as you. Everyone appreciates their own idea of who/what they truly want to see.

Unless you're one of these people that can appreciate the most popular acts all the time.

The only way you're going to see the acts that you want for your specific styles is if you come out and network with people that have similar tastes and bring them out yourself.

Btw I dig the real techno/electro sound and would def support that.

Upstate Underground Network © 2001-2021 Upstate Underground Go To Top Of Page
This UUnet page loaded in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

[ Home | Upstate Underground Forums | DJ Database | Links | Events | Contact ]

DJs / Promoters / Producers / Artists
Website Design, Streaming Audio, and Multimedia Website Hosting by EFX internet

Binghamton Web Design  Binghamton Web Hosting  Binghamton Networks